Labor’s Desperation Descends Even Further
The Coalition has clearly indicated there will be NO major changes to the GST distribution in Tasmania.
To add to this we have stated numerous times that we are committed to horizontal fiscal equalisation.
“Ms Collins and Ms Giddings continue to peddle further GST falsehoods. Just because you continue repeating a lie does not make it true,” Senator Abetz said today.
“Rather than involving themselves in a desperate campaign to besmirch the Liberals, Julie Collins and Premier Giddings need to explain why the Federal Labor Treasurer doctored answers from the Grants Commission to protect State Labor’s inaction over GST funding as revealed by Freedom of Information documents.”
Ms Collins and Ms Giddings might also like to answer the following questions:
- Why did their Prime Minister announce a Review of the GST distribution to the States two years ago?
- Why was the Review announced in Western Australia?
- Why did the Prime Minister in announcing the Review refer to the current distribution penalising States for economic growth and rewarding economically underperforming States?
- In which category did the Prime Minister and Julie Collins place Tasmania?
- Why has the Government failed to respond to their own Review and when do they intend doing so?
- Why did Ms Wong delay yesterday’s stunt until after the Western Australian election?
- Why was Labor selling one message in Western Australia and another in Tasmania?
“Labor has clearly reverted to its default tactic of running a dishonest scare campaign in the absence of anything positive,” Senator Abetz said.