You can donate securely online now to support the work of Eric Abetz and the Tasmanian Liberal Senate Team.
Donations by individuals to registered political parties of between $2 and $1,500 in a financial year are tax deductible. Amounts received by the Liberal Party of more than $13,800 in the 2018-19 financial year will be subject to disclosure under the provisions of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918.
The Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918 prohibits the knowing receipt of donations from foreign donors. Foreign donors include:
- a foreign public enterprise;
- an entity (whether or not incorporated) that does not meet any of the following conditions:
- the entity is incorporated in Australia;
- the entity’s head office is in Australia;
- the entity’s principal place of activity is, or is in, Australia;
- an individual who is none of the following:
- an elector;
- an Australian citizen;
- an Australian resident;
- a New Zealand citizen who holds a Subclass 444 (Special Category) visa under the Migration Act 1958 (or if that Subclass ceases to exist, the kind of visa that 16 replaces that Subclass)